Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Art of Giving

While returning from Mahim Church, I saw a group of Koli women (Fisher women) alight from a long distance bus. Among them was an elderly women who found it difficult to get down the bus. As she was struggling to lay her feet on the road, the conductor who was standing outside the bus came forward to help her get down the bus. He held the elderly women's hand and supported her to alight. She got and touched the head of the conductor and blessed him. I was moved by this little incident and the gesture.

On the way back home, I couldn't shut the thought of this incident and it kept me . Then, I realized

"Give People. They Bless You"


Is giving so powerful? Yes, it can move the earth, if an asteroid gives a push.

I started thinking about all the giving that are immaterial, starting from my own ride.

Give way a motorist at ease
Give smile a co-worker performs
Give a look a heart delights
Give respect a waiter honored
Give attention a professor succeeds
Give time a child grows
Give confidence an athlete wins
Give support a soul strengthens
Give opportunity a life flourish
Give thought, life is all about giving!


No comments:

Post a Comment